AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM: ACCESS
MHCP has established a nearly 20 year long-standing relationship with the Passaic Board of Education’s after school programs. The ACCESS Program is part of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) grant. The mission of the 21st CCLC ACCESS grant is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for students in grades 3-8 who are in need of after school programming and will benefit from college and career readiness through STEAM activities designed to promote academic, physical, social, and emotional growth.
The components of the program are designed to provide students in grades 3-8 with the opportunity to:
- Stay in a safe environment with positive roles models during the after-school hours.
- Receive assistance with homework.
- Engage in supportive and enriching learning activities using technology, linked to English Language Arts. Mathematics and STEAM skills needed for student success.
- Socialize with peers in a healthy manner.
- Learn sportsmanship, fitness, and fair play through participation in recreational activities.
- Learn how to engage in a healthy lifestyle and make positive choices through character building and cultural activities.